Monday, August 29, 2011

Fun with Friends: Hanging in the Village with Synthia




So Friday was one of those awesomely beautiful days that are written about in story books. Irene was gonna hit the following day, it was warm, sunny and everyone was outdoors. Warm and sunny is usually enough to have me gravitating outside, but add to that impending doom and I was all over it haha. Luckily outside for me last Friday was Manhattan's East Village and Washington Square park to meet up with Synthia.

I hadn't seen Synthia since we graduated from high school 10 years ago, but we had reconnected via facebook. Through our conversations online I was impressed with how insightful and nice she was. I mean she really is a NICE person. When I finally made my big move to NY she was on the top of my list of people I wanted to hang out with.

Per her suggestion we hit up Bareburger on LaGuardia Street, near NYU. She suggested this because we are both into healthy eating and sustainability. All of their food is organic and their meats free range. Even their sodas are organic.... ORGANICALLY DELICIOUS :-)!!!! Here are a few images from our meal.....












Synthia!!!!



Me.... Look how big that veggie burger is in reference to my arm. Yum!





Our Meal close up... With a soda, about $11. Not bad for a fresh, filling and organic meal. The best thing about this place is that you have your choice of burger: veggie, portabella, turkey, beef, lamb, elk, bison or ostrich. I would personally stick with the veggie or portabella, but if meat's your thang... you definitely have options. Bareburger gets two thumbs up from me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment