Sunday, August 21, 2011

This week's Farmer's Market Bounty


This week at my local farmer's market I was able to score:

1 bunch of Kale Greens
2 Peaches
5 beets
5 ears of corn


Total Cost: $7.00



Extra Bonus:


I also got extra lucky because my friend Nobuko came to visit me. Not only did she bring her awesome self but also herbs and veggies from her friend Chris' garden. Chris is one of those beautiful people that tend to leave a mark on you the minute you meet him. He is an intelligent, conscious brother who also happens to run the community farm program at the Martin Luther King High School in Philly. When he found out that Nobuko was heading in my direction, he graciously sent over 2 peppers - the most beautiful purple green peppers I've ever seen, 3 jalapenos, 1 tomato and bunches of sage and another licorice tasting herb that I cannot identify but will certainly eat. Thanks Chris!

This week's menu will most likely include Kale Chips, Beet salad, Corn Bread with fresh corn and jalapenos, Channa, and hummus. I'll upload anything that I make.






Checkout this article that Chris is featured in. The article is on page 22.

http://www.gridphilly.com/digital-edition/february-2011-023.html


No comments:

Post a Comment