Thursday, August 18, 2011

Food's Dirty dozen


To buy organic or not to buy organic, that is the question. My inner granola eating, healthy, "green" queen, says "Of course I buy organic... I would never purchase anything but the best produce to enter my temple" but my wallet says, "Think again sister". Realistically speaking, I can't afford to buy everything organic, so I buy what I can.

According to the Environmental Working group, these 12 fruits and veggies are huge offenders and you should try to purchase them organic. This is especially important for pregnant women and children. Farmer's markets are a good source of organic produce, and many accept food vouchers if you qualify for them. Remember, you health is your wealth....

This year's Dirty Dozen (Buy these organic if you can)

1. Apples

2. Celery

3. Strawberries

4. Peaches

5. Spinach

6. Nectarines

7. Imported Grapes

8. Sweet Bell Peppers

9. Potatoes

10. Domestic Blueberries

11. Lettuce

12. Kale/ Collard Greens

Pictures of Dirty Dozen and Clean 15:

http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary/

http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/?key=35249225

No comments:

Post a Comment