Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Peaches, Peaches, Peaches


This weekend, after mini crisis number one million for this month, my brother, dad and myself found ourselves at my cousins' Sean and Wendy Nia's beautiful home. Thanks to them, the debacle caused by the morons at UHaul was remedied. It was hot, and we were tired so Wendy, always the gracious host, offered us fresh peaches from her local farmer's market and ice water. At first bite I was stunned by how succulent and sweet the peach was - absolutely divine.

Then I got to thinking.... there are probably a billion awesome things that can be done with this jewel of a fruit, and this is what I share with you. Check out this video on how to make poppy seed dressing to add to any salad adorned with summer peaches.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Freshtopia#p/u/29/N46pnI-lwOU


Health stuff: Peaches are high in Beta Carotine, Vitamin C, potasium and fiber. All of these things are wonderful for your body, but at this time my only concern is their affect on my palate. (Insert Homer drool) Mmmmm peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment