Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Water, Water everywhere

1/20/09

WiiFit weigh in - Day 19
Weight: 179.5
BMI: 26.58
WiiFit age: 29

Goal:
168.2 weight
BMI: 24.91
11.3 pounds left to go.


Laundry day ick... There is no chore that I hate more than doing laundry. On the plus side, I managed to log in 30 more minutes on the elliptical, 5 minutes on the stairmaster and 15 sit ups. I am going to be STACKED by the time the summer comes. The wagon I'll be draggin' in a few months won't be full of 3 weeks of dirty clothes clothes, but rather lean, mean muscle.... Watch out now haha!!!

Over the past 2ish/3 ish weeks, I have been exercising about 4 days a week, and mostly cardio because I'm trying to lose weight. I've also been cooking more at home (not the healthiest of foods, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day) which has helped my wallet as well as contributed to my 4lb weight loss thus far. Woohoo! 11 more to go. This week I'm going to up the ante. L and I were talking about diet and nutrition a couple of days ago, and the importance of drinking water came up.

Growing up in a household where conversations on nutrition, health, diet and bodily functioning is the norm, I am fully aware of the importance of drinking water. It's good for your hair, skin, helps to keep your thoughts clear, and helps to prevent weight gain. My dad has given numerous presentations on the topic of water, and has even had a special water machine flown in from Japan that oxidizes and purifies the water for us to use ( Get in contact with my Dad if you want some information on the water system: essentialtohealth.com). But you know the saying: you can lead a horse to water... I get maybe 3 or 4 glasses in per day. Evidently, not enough.

I was browsing sites for information on how much water is recommended if you want to lose weight, and quite a few of them said that you should drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water. I weigh about 180 pounds, so I should be drinking 90 ounces of H2O daily - that's a whoooole lot of water. Not only should I drop the weight, but my over all health and well being should improve. We shall see... My hypothesis/ hope is that I will drop another 5lbs in one week by drinking more water alone.

Check out this website for more information/ formulas to figure out your daily H2O requirements.

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/water.htm

Til next time, happy drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment