Saturday, January 2, 2010

Watch She Eat?!?!

So for Christmas this year, my wonderful boyfriend got me a Nintendo Wii, Thank you boo. I'm not a video game person, but I too was seduced by the those commercials - who knew that you could find happiness, and fitness in a box? Thankfully, I found myself on the nice side of Santa's Christmas list and found one under my tree ( more or less). Today, I decided to give it a try, and purchased the WiiFit Plus gamepack. It comes with the balance board and the game, and after playing about an hour and a half of WiiSports, I was ready to get down to business... WiiFit style.

This thing is amazing it weighs you, tracks your progress, and has activities readily available for you to try out. Having attempted and failed at incorporating fitness and exercise into my daily life, I'm hoping that the Wii just might be a winner. To test out the program, and my resolve :-) I am going on a four week WiiFit challenge to see how much I can accomplish by my birthday.

Here's where I'm starting out today.
Weight: 183.2
BMI:27.13
Category: Overweight
WiiFit Age: 40 - I'm 25, so this is quite depressing
I did 20 minutes of training and burned 75 calories

Overall I liked the program. It tracks my progress with a calendar, and weighs me - I'm lazy so this is a Huuuge help for me. I did a few Yoga poses, a step program, and yes the hoola. Funny thing is..... I'm looking forward to tomorrows' session! Goodnight, and wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment