Friday, September 23, 2011

My date with... his mom.



I'm not a woman that has to go to the most expensive restaurants to have a good time. Don't get me wrong, I do like to be wined and dined, but it's not necessary to do that sorta thing ALL OF THE TIME. There are so many other ways to have fun and get to know another person. Enter fun dating experience #2. Surprisingly it had little to do with the man and everything to do with his mom.

Moms love me... it's a fact. I'm a good woman, and I believe that they're simply happy to see their son with a positive addition to their lives. So, I'm not tooting my own horn; it's simple logic. This on the other hand, does not keep me from feeling nervous the first time I meet Mom-dukes lol. It's especially nerve wracking when I don't even know the son that well. Enter the garden scenario. After eating lunch on his patio, Mr. So and So had to take an important phone call. This was fine with me because it gave me a chance to space out and stare off into the garden. There were Collards, Butternut squash, tomatoes and a variety of other herbs and veggies. Check it out:





While I was sitting on the steps his Mom came down the stairs with her gardening sheers. Now while this could have the potential to turn into a horror story, it was actually a great experience. I politely got out her way and we struck up an easy conversation. As we chatted, I followed her through the garden as she plucked the ripe produce off of the vines. I asked questions and she answered. She picked and I carried. It was nice. By the end of our small excursion I was thinking "If this man is anything like his mom, we might have something here." Lol! This is yet to be seen but, if his mom were to call me up haha... I'd be there. On our way out the door Mr. So and So's mom surprised me with a bag of veggies from her garden. Sweet :-)



1 butternut squash
1 large bushel of Collard Greens
1 cucumber
4 tomatoes
1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
1 Bunch of lemon mint

So Far I've made the Collard greens, Roasted squash soup, roasted pumpkin seeds from the squash and I'm thinking that I'll make a cup of mint tea before I go to bed. I'll post about all of the goodies later. Have a nice weekend :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment