Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Soul searching during the Departmental meeting....


Today, while completely spaced out in the OT meeting, I began to once again contemplate my life's purpose. No, in fact, there was no better time to do this..... After the 20th minute rolled around of a discussion that should have lasted no longer than 2, I knew it was every woman for herself. Before I checked out, I casually glanced around the room and noticed that couple of my co-workers were shooting incredulous looks across the room at each other, one was scribbling disgruntled notes to her neighbor, and the other half had already ventured to where I was about to go.... Lala Land. After confirming that my mental capabilities would not be missed, I put my body into auto-pilot, and then cashed in my ticket.

During take off, I had to ask myself, "Is this it? Really?!?!" After tossing this question back and forth in my head a few times, I had to accept that for right now, it is. Again I looked around the room, nodding and making eye contact with my supervisor when appropriate ( They were still on the same subject, and where was Stephanie.... light years away lol). Although the meetings can be long, I have to say, I enjoy being an Occupational Therapist, and I love my job. I work with an amazing group of women, and my students aren't too shabby either :-).

But once my mind kicked into hyper-drive, what I wanted to do with my talents became clearer and clearer. I must have mentally whizzed past the Moon or flown through the Milky Way, because all I could think about was food. This is a food blog isn't it HAHA?
I read somewhere that to find your purpose in life, you should consider the things that you would do for free.

For me, that all revolves around food, health, and nutrition. Whether it's blogging, baking vegan muffins for the Back to school BBQ at church, or going to the grocery store with my friend Stacie so that she and her hubby to be, Dylan, can start making healthier food choices.... I do it because it like to, not because I'm paid to do it.

With this revelation, I knew that I could return back to Earth, and rejoin the last 15 minutes of the meeting. To my surprise (or not) I didn't miss a thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment