Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More C please :-) .........


Fun Fact Wednesday: Vitamin C is Amazing! It has been shown to improve the look and feel of your skin, is associated with lower stroke risk helps out with the common cold, may help people whose immune systems are weakened by stress, improve macular degeneration, reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Sign me up!!!!! Unfortunately, according to research, Most people don't get enough vitamin C, but especially smokers and Black men.

In order to help you keep up with the C's :-P Web MD, listed the following foods as having the most Vitamin C: citrus fruits, green peppers, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, white potatoes, and sweet potatoes. Other good sources include dark leafy greens, cantaloupe, papaya, mango, watermelon, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, red peppers, raspberries, blueberries, winter squash, and pineapples.

This morning I made cranberry relish to go on LA's turkey sandwich , and my Tofurky sandwich . It was very easy, and high in Vitamin C. YAYYYY!!!!! Here's the recipe:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1955,143162-225201,00.html


* Addendum* Because I couldn't find fresh cranberries I chose canned cranberries. After I made the cranberry relish, I read the ingredients list. On the back, I found my archenemies: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AHHHHHHHHH!!!! This goes without saying, I canned the leftovers. Please stay tuned for my rant on why I personally 86'ed high fructose corn syrup.


On another note: If you don't have time to spend in the kitchen buy a bottle of Zamu. It contains Pinapple, Mango and the Camu, Camu berry - nature's most concentrated source of vitamin C. I personally drink it every morning, and I love it. You can buy it from my Amazon website: http://sking.amazonherb.net/Zamu_Zamu.aspx

'Til next time,...

I almost forgot!

WiiFit weight: 176.6
Goal weight: 175.7

No comments:

Post a Comment