Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Houston

I moved to Houston because I fell in love with one of her native sons. Just 5 minutes before I wrote this, there existed a band around my chest with the stresses of my job, the past four hours of my work day and the like getting tighter, and tighter and then he walked in. Without him having to say a word or anything, all is right in the world and I can smile again. It's that simple.

I love him.

And I live in Houston because he is here.



And since I now live here, I'm happy to say that I'm falling for the city too.

Houston is an amazing city. It boasts a population of 2.16 million residents and is one of the fastest growing cities in America. It's also one of the most diverse. I mean EVERYONE is here. Out of the 3 large cities that I've explored in Texas - Houston, Dallas and Austin, I feel most at home in Houston. Dallas is too conservative, Austin too liberal, Houston feels just right.

And did I mention that Houston is one of the hottest food cities in the country??? Ding. Ding. Ding. Will travel for food lol.

I have yet to have a bad meal in Houston, and I’ve eaten A LOT! Just about everywhere I’ve gone, the customer service has been great, the food has been reasonably priced, and the portions big. And because Houston has become a patchwork quilt of cultures you can find good meals representative of each resident. Down home southern cooking, barbeque, some of the best Mexican food you can find, French, Vietnamese, Ethiopian, Jamaican you name it, you can find it here. I.AM.IN.FOOD.HEAVEN.

But there is a flip side to this; Houston is also the second fattest city in the country. Houstonians love to eat and they’re proud of it. Food, Family, sports... yup that about sums it up. And then, add to that a lack of a need to take public transportation or walk anywhere....OH BOY!!!! I relished in every bit of my new lifestyle and my new curves.


Did I mention that the men down here like their women thick? I’ve never felt sexier- until I saw THE photo. Haha. Here it is: Feel free to laugh I had a blast taking these. Really, Who doesn’t like playing dress up?


In 3 months, I managed to indulge myself to 220 lbs. That's 30 lbs heavier than I was in Mexia,TX... 45lbs heavier than I was in NYC. Do I regret it? Nope, I regret not a meal. Its all part of the ebb and flow of life, but I do know when enough is enough. And enough is enough! So how am I going to drop the weight? We’re going to do it together ☺.

Until then, here are a few photos of my favorite meals with some of my favorite people in Houston. Mmmmmm food, but now its time to preserve my health and the sexy, Happy Humpday people. Bang. Bang.

Danielle, Danielle and Sherrie at The Breakfast Klub.

With Nari at La Guadalupana Bakery and Cafe.

With Monet at Sparrow Bar and Cookshop.

And a friendly reminder from Massah..... :-) peace

No comments:

Post a Comment