Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Spring Break!!!!





After Karah and I pretty much bum-rushed our students to get to the bus, we landed in Rosslyn hungry and high off spring break hormones. Naturally as a new "vegan" I had to do my research and realllly think about what I was going to eat before I stepped out, and I'm glad that I did. I didn't want to eat a salad, so knew my choices would be limited to french fries and a veggie burger if we headed to an American eatery, Burritos if we chose Mexican and hmmmm what else?

I thought a second longer and magically I remember SUSHI. Yes, sushi. Rice wrapped in seaweed (thank for the clarification Karah) and fresh veggies. YUM!!!! We landed at Cafe Asia and I ordered the veggie sushi combo. It had avocado, celery, artichokes, 'shrooms, and carrots all wrapped up like present. Talk about a party in my mouth. Although the meal looks small, it was surprisingly filling. Add a great conversation, plenty of brainstorming and it equaled out to the perfect start to my spring break.

Oyasuminasai!

Info on Sushi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi

2 comments:

  1. Haha... That would have made it higher in protein though, yet not Vegan. I can't win :-P

    ReplyDelete