Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mid Afternoon snack: Apples and Peanut butter vs Christine's chocolate.


1-11-11

Since there are soooo many 1's in today's date, I'm going to celebrate it as a New Year. A sort of do over if you will... My love of yummy treats and new found love of baking has led me astray, so starting today (again) I'm going to try and do better. Normally around this time of day I'd be eating a piece (or 3) of chocolate that my boss graciously keeps in her office. Today, I chose something better, something that won't contribute to my sugar crash 20 minutes later. I chose ( drum roll please...) Apple slices dipped in peanut butter.

Before you roll your eyes... hear me out. It's delicious, filling, healthy and will remedy any midday craving for sweets. Oh and dd I mention very inexpensive?

Health benefits:

Apples:

1. Help to regulate blood sugar
2. Good source of fiber
3. Full of anti-oxidants
4. Regular intake of apples decrease cholesterol
5. Benefits for several different cancer types esp colon and breast cancer.

Natural Peanut Butter

1. Eating peanuts can lower your risk for coronary heart disease
2. High in protein
3. Good source of fiber
4. Good for your skin
5. Peanuts have a nutrient called Resveratrol, which helps to ward off potential pathogens (bacteria, virii and fungi).

Give it a try!


http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=15&tname=foodspice

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-11-06/health/cl.healthful.foods_1_peanut-butter-rice-cakes-source-of-trans-fats?_s=PM:HEALTH

http://peanut-butter.org/peanut-butter/Health+Benefits+of+Peanut+Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment